Use lemon-seasoned fish to accompany your favorite rice meal. This bangus recipe uses a mix of lemon and turmeric to make a tangy seasoning.
Lemon Turmeric Bangus Recipe
Lemon Turmeric Bangus Ingredients
- 2 bangus belly fillets unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice divided
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Pesto store-bought
- 4 cups rice cooked
- Oil for frying
- Onions peeled
- In a large frying pan over medium- high heat, heat oil. Season bangus with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, salt, and pepper and pan fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat, and transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Sprinkle in turmeric; stir, then add lemon juice, swirling pan to blend. Pour in chicken stock, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over bangus. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make rice: In a wok over medium-high heat, heat oil and sauté garlic until softened. Add rice then pesto, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve with bangus. Recipe originally published in the June 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.