Pasta recipes are always weekday go-tos for their versatility and ease. This penne pasta recipe can be made in the microwave!
Longganisa and Cheese Penne Recipe
Longganisa and Cheese Penne Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups penne noodles uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 Cup longganisa casing removed and crumbled (we used Cebu longganisa)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- chili flakes Optional
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- parsley sprigs chopped, to serve
- Place pasta in a bowl. Add oil, salt, and enough water to cover. Microwave on high, following time prescribed in package directions plus about 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked. Once cooked, drain water.
- Place longganisa, garlic, onions, paprika, and chili flakes in another microwaveable dish; mix well. Zap in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. Mix and crumble meat.
- Toss together penne noodles and longganisa mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and olive oil; mix well. Garnish with chopped parsley.