No bacon? No problem! Use your favorite canned meat to make this pasta dish.
Luncheon Meat Carbonara Recipe
You can use canned meat for carbonara!
Luncheon Meat Carbonara Ingredients
- 1 Pack spaghetti (400 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Small red onion peeled, sliced thinly
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Cup frozen green peas thawed
- 1/2 can luncheon meat cut into strips, then halved
- 1 Pack All-purpose cream (250 grams)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add and sauté onion until softened and translucent.
- Add water and peas. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer until peas are softened. Remove cover, and let water evaporate. Add and cook luncheon meat until heated through. Add cream and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, toss with cooked pasta. Recipe originally published in the June 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW