Make mac and cheese extra delicious with tasty mix-ins: this macaroni and cheese recipe has ham, broccoli, and corn included in the mix.
Mac and Cheese with Ham Recipe
Mac and Cheese with Ham Ingredients
- 300 Grams Shell Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Small red onion peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 400-gram can sweet corn kernels drained
- 4 slices ham sliced into squares
- 1 small head broccoli florets only
- 1 298-gram can Condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 115-gram pack cheese spread
- parmesan cheese grated, to serve
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Salt the water, and add pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain and keep warm. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter, and sauté onion until translucent. Add corn, ham, then broccoli, and cook, stirring, until corn and ham are heated through and broccoli is a bright green. Add mushroom soup and cheese spread into the pot. Melt cheese and soup, using a whisk to break up lumps and combine the two.
- Add cooked pasta into the pot with mushroom-cheese mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Serve in bowls while hot, sprinkled with Parmesan. Recipe originally published in the September 2015 issue of Yummy magazine.