Swap out tuna for mackerel for a new take on the classic sandwich spread. You can pack these sandwiches with mackerel spread for baon, or dip crackers into it.
Mackerel and Cream Cheese Spread Recipe
Try using canned mackerel to make a sandwich spread!
Mackerel and Cream Cheese Spread Ingredients
- 1 200-gram can mackerel drained and liquid reserved
- 3 to 4 calamansi juice only
- 1/4 Cup celery finely chopped
- 1 8-ounce bar cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons reserved mackerel liquid
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- sugar to taste
- Combine mackerel and juice from 3 to 4 calamansi in a bowl; mix until fish is flaky. Add celery, cream cheese, and reserved mackerel liquid; stir to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Chill until ready to use. To serve, spread on bread or use as a dip for vegetable sticks and crackers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW