Maja blanca is a light Filipino dessert usually eaten for dessert. It’s an easy dessert you can make at home!
How do you make maja blanca?
This treat is simply made with four ingredients: corn kernels, corn or rice flour (galapong), sugar, and coconut milk (gata). You get a dessert with a milky pudding consistency with the delicious sweet flavors from coconut milk and corn.
Some add cornstarch (diluted in water or canned evaporated milk) to make the pudding a little thicker and to help it set faster. Some even add condensed milk instead of just sugar which will not only make it milkier, but also sweeter with its caramelized sweetness. Whatever you fancy, this light merienda is a delight to eat. Make it more delicious by topping it with toasted coconut and then make it a lighter dessert by making it in individual serving dishes.
Maja Blanca Recipe
Maja Blanca Ingredients
- 2 cups Corn kernels drained
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup Corn Flour
- 4 cups Canned Gata
- Combine corn, sugar,galapong, and gata in a large casserole.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour into a container. Set aside until mixture becomes solid, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve either chilled or at room temperature.