You don’t need an oven to make a great dessert. If frozen cakes are not your cup of tea, you can place this cake in the refrigerator: it will keep its soft and fluffy texture.
Mango Float Freezer Cake Recipe
This no-bake cake keeps well in both the freezer and in the refrigerator.
Mango Float Freezer Cake Ingredients
- 300 Grams ladyfinger cookies (broas)
- 1 tea bag Earl Grey tea
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- 1 Cup graham crackers crumbs crushed
- 100 Grams Butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream whipped into stiff peaks
- 4 large mangoes cubed
- Make the earl grey tea syrup: Steep early grey tea in 2 cups of hot water. Discard tea bag and stir in sugar and lemon juice. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Make the graham cracker crust: Melt butter in a saucepan and mix in graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Press evenly onto an 8 by 5-inch dish and freeze until ready.
- Make the mango filling: Whip heavy cream into stiff peaks and gently fold in cubed mango pulp.
- To assemble: Spread one layer of mango filling over the crust. Dip the broas into the tea soaking syrup and layer over the mango filling. Repeat with one more layer of each. Freeze or chill for 3 hours or overnight.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW