This easy cake recipe is your favorite cake with a twist. Instead of the usual plain vanilla flavor, the cake has got mango puree stirred into the batter for that punch of tangy sweetness that only mangoes can deliver. To make this cake more decadent, chunks of sweet mango is added to the lightly sweetened whipped cream that’s dolloped on top for a truly luscious experience with every bite.
If you love sweet, sweet mangoes, this is the cake loaf recipe you need to make pronto. It’s got a double dose of mangoes in every bite!
Mango Loaf Cake Recipe
Mango Loaf Cake Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose cream
- 1/2 Cup Mango Puree
- 1 Cup whipped cream Chilled
- 1/2 Cup confectioners or powdered sugar sifted
- 1 piece mango cut into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly butter and line with parchment an 8- by 5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add and beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually add flour mixture alternating with the mango puree and all-purpose cream. Mix only until blended.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Tap the loaf pan on the counter gently to release any bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake emerges clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the mango whipped cream: In a large bowl, pour in chilled whipping cream. Using a whisk, briskly whisk the whipping cream until soft peaks. Sprinkle in sifted powdered sugar and then add the mango chunks. Gently fold into the whipped cream. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, lift the mango cake from the loaf pan using the parchment and discard the paper. Top the cake with the mango whipped cream. Slice and serve immediately.