Not in the mood to wash dishes after breakfast? Whip up this pancake recipe! All you need is one dish to bake it, making clean-up easier than ever. The mangoes add sweetness to these pancakes, and almonds give it a good crunch.
Mango Skillet Pancake Recipe
Mango Skillet Pancake Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large Egg beaten
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Cup almonds slivers
- mango (flesh part), diced
- confectioner's sugar Optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof pan. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a bowl.
- Mix in eggs and milk into the butter in the bowl.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in another bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in egg mixture. Whisk until well combined. Pour mixture into the hot ovenproof pan.
- Put the pan in the oven. Bake for20 minutes or until the edges of the pancake are puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a dry frying pan for 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Once pancake is done, remove pan from oven. Place mangoes on the center and sprinkle almonds over. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
- Serve hot and directly on the pan. If serving for dessert, top with whipped cream and a scoop of ice cream.