This maple-candied bacon recipe has that classic and well-loved sweet-and-salty flavor combination, but with a twist! Add a dash of chili powder to bring in a spicy kick to it, too.
Maple-Candied Bacon Recipe
Maple-Candied Bacon Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 500-gram pack bacon use thick-cut maple-flavored bacon strips
- Mix together all ingredients except for bacon. Pour mixture over bacon, rubbing each strip to coat well. Set aside for about 5 to 10 minutes in the chiller to allow flavors to meld.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay bacon strips flat, one by one, on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp and caramelized.
- Store in an airtight container. Consume within 5 days.