This marshmallow-topped dessert is easy to make and even easier to snack on. Make this dessert for movie night! You only need 5 ingredients to make it.
Marshmallow-Topped Cracker Toffee Recipe
Marshmallow-Topped Cracker Toffee Ingredients
- 12 Saltine Crackers
- 1 Cup Butter cubed
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Marshmallows small
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange crackers in a silicone pan mold or 9-inch square baking pan lined with silicone-coated parchment paper with an overhang. Set aside.
- Heat butter, sugar, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat. Stir until mixture begins to simmer. Allow sugar to turn an amber brown (300°F on a candy thermometer or hard crack stage), stirring occasionally.
- Pour toffee over prepared crackers, using spatula to spread mixture in an even layer.
- Bake 5 minutes or until the toffee has bubbled and soaked through the crackers. Remove from oven, then layer marshmallows over crackers. Broil 1 minute or until marshmallows are puffed and beginning to brown. Cool on a cooling rack. Use scissors to cut into squares. Store in an airtight container. Recipe originally published in the October 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.