Typically made with saba, this Filipino-style banana fritters is easy to make and is great for merienda! This recipe suggests a light and fluffy batter coating, making it perfectly crisp when deep-fried. Sugar is usually sprinkled on top to finish, but you could always add your own spin on it. Want to take it to the next level? Add a little chocolate syrup or peanut butter to make it extra delicious.
- READ THESE: MORE SABA BANANA RECIPES
- Minatamis na Saging Recipe (Banana with Caramel Sauce)
- WATCH: Have You Tried Saba Banana + Cheese Turon?
Maruya (Banana Fritters) Recipe
Maruya (Banana Fritters) Ingredients
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 teaspoon Butter melted
- 1 Cup Oil
- 6 banana (saba variety), peeled and sliced lengthwise into about ¼ inch-thick pieces
- sugar for sprinkling
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, milk and butter in a bowl. Then add the bananas and mix well.
- In a pre-heated pan with oil, using a ladle, scoop the batter with bananas into the oil and fry until golden brown. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Dust with sugar before serving. READ THESE: MORE SABA BANANA RECIPES Minatamis na Saging Recipe (Banana with Caramel Sauce) WATCH: Have You Tried Saba Banana + Cheese Turon?