Who doesn’t love a good mashed potatoes recipe? Roast yours in an oven with pastry for a special treat!
Mashed Potatoes Casserole Recipe
Mashed Potatoes Casserole Ingredients
- 2 kilos Potatoes peeled, cubed, boiled
- 1/2 Cup Butter unsalted
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 small pack puff pastry sheets thawed
- 1 egg white Mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mash potatoes until smooth. Combine unsalted butter and whipping cream over medium heat; stir until smooth. Add salt, ground black pepper, and ground nutmeg.
- Pour mixture, egg yolks, and grated Edam cheese into potatoes; mix until smooth. Season to taste with salt. Spoon into a deep baking dish; top with frozen puff pastry sheet. Crimp edges and make a slit on top. Brush with egg wash (1 egg white mixed with 1 tablespoon water). Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and has risen slightly.