These matcha green tea cupcakes are so easy to make! With just a few simple steps, you’re sure to have a batch whipped up in no time! Its beautiful green color is sure to have heads turning. Kids can also help out when making these delicious cupcakes. They could decorate it with sprinkles, candies, or even fresh fruits. Aside from its distinct earthy flavor, matcha is highly prized for its nutritional benefits like boosting metabolism, enhancing mood, and providing antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes Recipe
Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1 Cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened matcha
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter lightly softened
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 Cup milk room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened matcha or totaste
- 1 227-gram pack cream cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a regular 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Make the cupcake: Sift together flour, matcha powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment over medium-high speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla or almond extract and mix until well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add dry ingredients over low speed. Add milk and mix just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Bake in the oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs adhering to it. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the frosting: Sift together confectioners’ sugar and matcha powder in a medium bowl and mix well; set aside. Cream together cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment over medium speed. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with your preferred decorating tip.
- Pipe frosting on the cooled cupcakes. Serve or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 5 days.