Serve these delicious spuds as an afternoon snack or as a side dish for ribs, roasted chicken, or grilled steak.Similar recipes: Goat Cheese and Mushroom-Stuffed Potatoes, steak side dish recipes.
- 4 large Potatoes washed and scrubbed
- 1/3 Cup mozarella cheese grated
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 Cup chicken liver chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 Cup italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1 1/2 cups eggplant diced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 Cup dried raisins
- 1 teaspoon parsley sprigs chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil whole potatoes until partially cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes. Slice off a small part of each potato and scoop out the flesh to make a shell. Set aside.
- Make the meat filling: In a pan, melt butter. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant. add chicken liver and sauté until browned. add brandy and let the alcohol flame up or evaporate. add sausage, eggplant, bell pepper, and raisins. Season to taste with salt and pepper. add chopped parsley and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stuff potatoes with meat filling. Top with grated mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Serve hot.