These simple beef meatballs are delicious over freshly steamed rice. Pre-made meatballs at the meat section of your local supermarket will cook just as well as homemade, and make a good option when you are rushing.
Meatballs and Rice Recipe
Season these beef meatballs with Mexican spices!
Meatballs and Rice Ingredients
- 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Small red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Salt or to taste
- 3 tablespoons chili con carne mix
- Cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- 3 teaspoons bottled sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 kilo Ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 1/2 Cup white rice uncooked
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 2 cups water
- In a large bowl, mix panko, onion, garlic, salt, chili con carne mix, cayenne (if using), pesto, and ground beef. Form into 2-inch balls. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Sear meatballs on all sides. No need to cook through. Transfer meatballs to a plate, and set aside. Add peas, rice, and bouillon cube, stirring, to the pan. Pour in water, and bring to a boil. Cover, and let simmer 10 minutes. Place meatballs in the watery rice, cover, and let simmer again until rice is tender and meatballs are cooked through. Recipe originally published in the July 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW