Yakitori balls are usually grilled, but this deep-fried version made from chicken breast fillet is just as good.
Meatballs with Sweet Soy Sauce Recipe
Meatballs with Sweet Soy Sauce Ingredients
- 6 leaves Chinese napa cabbage
- 1/2 kilo Chicken (use fillets), skins removed
- 1 piece carrot peeled, grated
- 1 inch-thick ginger peeled, grated
- 2 pieces Garlic grated
- 1 piece Egg
- 1/3 Cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 Table Spoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Table Spoon brown sugar
- 1 Table Spoon rice wine
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Table Spoon cornstarch
- Finely chop cabbage in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add chicken to the food processor and process until chopped small. Transfer to the bowl with the cabbage, and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a pot over medium heat. Drop the chicken mixture by the teaspoonful into the hot oil, and fry until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Make the Sauce: In a saucepan, whisk ingredients until the sugar dissolves. Add a few drops of sesame seed oil. Place saucepan over medium heat, and cook until thickened. Serve with thechicken balls.