Try something new and whip up this Spanish-inspired stew recipe. The rich, flavorful sauce calls for a big bowl of steamed rice! This brings comfort in every bite.
Menudo Sulipena Recipe
Menudo Sulipena Ingredients
- 1 kilo oxtail washed and sliced into 1-inch-thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 head Garlic chopped
- 1 piece white onion chopped
- 3 pieces red bell peppers roasted, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1/2 tablespoon Spanish paprika (pimenton)
- 1/2 Cup ham cubed
- 1/2 Cup Chorizo de Bilbao sliced
- 1/2 Cup Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- Salt to taste
- Place oxtail in a stockpot with enough water to cover. Cook meat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender. Alternatively, you can cook oxtail in a pressure cooker for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Set oxtail and cooking water aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a heavy-bottomed casserole. Sauté garlic and onions until tender and fragrant. Add red bell peppers and Spanish paprika. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oxtail, ham, chorizo, tomato sauce, and tomato paste; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cooking liquid and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and brandy. Season to taste with salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot.