This rice recipe is a must-try! You’ll love the same flavorful beef in tacos but tossed in our favorite meal staple.
Mexican Taco Rice Recipe
Mexican Taco Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium red onion peeled, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 kilo Ground beef
- 1 Pack taco seasoning (around 40 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 Pack black beans (around 100 grams), rinsed, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans (around 400 grams), drained
- 1 can sweet kernel corn (around 425 grams), drained
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 cups day-old rice
- 1 small head Iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 Cup quick melt cheese grated
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil. Sauté onion, then garlic, and finally, tomatoes until softened.
- Add ground beef. Let brown before stirring. Once cooked through, remove excess fat from the pan. Stir in taco seasoning and paprika, and season to taste.
- Add both beans and corn. Pour in water. Let simmer until almost dry. Toss in rice. Stir in cheese and lettuce before serving. Recipe originally published in the August 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.