Make this dish more hearty by adding prawns, beef, or meatballs.
Mie Goreng Recipe
Mie Goreng Ingredients
- 100 Grams Chicken (use boneless chicken breast), cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Garlic minced, divided
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots (sibuyas Tagalog) chopped
- 1 Cup cabbage shredded
- 1/2 Cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 Cup long beans (sitaw) sliced
- 1/2 Cup fresh button mushrooms sliced
- 250 Grams fresh egg noodles (pancit canton)
- 1/8 Cup dark soy sauce
- 1/8 Cup kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1/8 Cup oyster sauce
- Toss sliced chicken with olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Saute chicken until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add shallots and remaining garlic; saute until they start to brown.
- Add cabbage, carrots, green beans, and mushrooms; cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir noodles and soy sauces into chicken mixture; bring to a simmer. Season to taste.