Sopas is one of those time-tested dishes you turn to when you want something simple and comforting. Try adding cinnamon to this simple soup recipe!
Milky Sopas Recipe
Milky Sopas Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cup macaroni
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1/2 kilo Chicken Breast cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sage leaves ground
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 pieces Vienna Sausage sliced
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, and add macaroni. Cook 2 minutes less than directed. Drain macaroni, and keep warm. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another pot over medium heat, add butter and oil. Once butter is melted, add garlic, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until aromatic and beginning to brown.
- Season chicken with cinnamon, sage, salt, and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add chicken to the pot, and sear all sides before adding the next batch of chicken.
- Pour in milk and chicken broth. Stir, bring to a boil, and then simmer just until chicken is cooked through. Add cooked macaroni and sausages. Season to taste. Cook until sausages are heated through. Ladle into bowls, and serve while still hot. Recipe originally published in the September 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.