Chocolate milk powder is the secret to this addicting chocolate brittle. Make enough to share with all your friends and family!
Milo Chocolate Brittle Recipe
Milo Chocolate Brittle Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 Cup chocolate powder or Milo chocolate milk powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper on a baking tray. Set aside. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, Milo, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large microwaveable bowl on High for 30 seconds. Let cool. Stir in vanilla extract and egg white.
- Dump flour mixture into the egg white mixture, and stir until just combined. Reserve about 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and stir the rest of the chips into the batter. Mixture will look like brownie batter.
- Pour batter onto the parchment paper. Using an offset spatula, spread the batter until just as thick as the chocolate chips. Sprinkle reserved chocolate chips on top. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until firm all over and crisp on the edges. Set aside to cool completely on a cooling rack. Break into pieces once cool. Recipe orginally published in the January-Februrary 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.