Take a break from the usual misua soup by serving it with unique toppings. You can add mushrooms, fried onions, meatballs, and more!
Misua Soup with Patola Recipe
Misua Soup with Patola Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 head Garlic peeled and minced
- 1 Cup shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 Cup basil leaves
- 1 bunch spring onions chopped
- Mini-Meatballs cooked
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoons dried shrimp (hibi)
- 5 to 6 cups water
- 1 shrimp bouillon cube
- 100 Grams misua noodles
- 1 large patola peeled and sliced in half circles
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- For the toppings: Heat oil and sauté garlic until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. In the same pan, sauté mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat more oil then sauté garlic and onions. Add hibi and stir. Pour in water and add bouillon cube. Bring to a boil.
- Add misua noodles and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add patola. Season with patis and cook for a few more minutes. Serve with toppings.