Canned Spanish-style sardines may be used for a soup recipe! Pair it with misua (thin flour noodles) and patola to make a simple soup perfect for busy weekdays.
Misua with Sardines Recipe
Misua with Sardines Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 small can Spanish-style sardines (about 155 grams)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 medium Patola (Chinese Okra) sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 kilo misua (fine rice noodles)
- Heat oil in a medium pot, then saute garlic and onions.
- Add the sardines including the oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water and patola let it boil for about 5 minutes. Adjust taste by adding fish sauce and ground black pepper.
- Add in the misua and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Serve warm.