These mushrooms are a fun party appetizer or snack (we used store-bought crackers to coat them!). They’re perfect with a cold bottle of beer and your favorite show on TV.
Mixed Mushrooms Recipe
Mixed Mushrooms Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Garlic finely minced
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- lemon juice (juice from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packs (we used 2 200-gram packs SkyFlakes), crushed finely in a food processor
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper finely ground
- 1 1/3 cans beer (we used San Miguel Pale Pilsen), chilled (330-ml can)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 Pack enoki mushrooms 100-gram
- 1 Pack shimeji mushrooms (160-gram pack)
- 2 packs oyster mushrooms (120-gram pack)
- Make the quick aioli: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use. (You can make this ahead of time; mixture lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator.)
- Place all-purpose flour in a medium bowl and crushed crackers on a plate. Season flour with salt and pepper. Slowly pour beer into flour and stir until a pancake batter-like consistency is achieved.
- Pour oil into a nonstick frying pan over medium heat until it comes 2 inches up the sides of the pan. When oil is hot, dip mushrooms in beer batter then coat with crushed crackers. Fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes for enoki and 5 to 6 minutes for shimeji and oyster mushrooms. Serve immediately with quick aioli.