If coffee-flavored gelatin is available, grab that box to make this recipe even easier than it already is.
Mocha Coffee Jelly Recipe
Mocha Coffee Jelly Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 Table Spoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 Egg yolks only
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Coffee Extract
- Prepare the coffee jelly: Dissolve coffee in hot water. Add sugar and gelatin. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Pour into a 9-inch square pan. Cool then chill until set. Cut into cubes.
- Prepare the mousse: Dissolve coffee in the hot water. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and add butter and half of the coffee mixture. Blend well. Cool.
- In a saucepan, whisk egg yolks with sugar and remaining coffee mixture. Cook over low heat for about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add coffee extract.
- Blend in the melted chocolate. Fold in the whipped cream.
- To assemble: Put cubed coffee jelly in dessert cups or glasses. Top with mocha mousse. Chill until set. Before serving, top with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings or cocoa powder. TIP: To shorten prep time you can pour the coffee jelly mixture into the serving glasses and let it set there. Top with mousse and whipped cream.