Mocha is the next best thing to happen to coffee and chocolate fans. It mixes the two flavors together into a delicious combination that tastes like coffee, tastes like chocolate, and tastes like something totally different from the two flavors. It’s a flavor that’s unique to itself and is absolutely delicious.
Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
Mocha Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup fresh milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1/2 Cup salted butter cubed, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon water for dissolving coffee
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose cream at room temperature
- 3 cups Powdered SUgar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (160 degrees C). Prepare cupcake trays and line with cupcake liners. Make homemade buttermilk by combining fresh milk with vinegar. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes before using.
- In a large bowl using a strainer, sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine either by hand or with an electric mixer the eggs together with buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. Add instant coffee powder and brown sugar to the wet ingredients and mix until homogenous.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, making sure to mix slowly to combine. Do not overmix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, slowly scoop ingredients into the prepared cupcake tray, only filling up each liner until 2/3 s full.
- Bake for 19 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cupcake comes out clean. Once done, remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool thoroughly on a wire rack before frosting.
- Create Espresso Buttercream frosting by beating butter on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add instant espresso powder dissolved in water and vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time until a thick yet spreadable consistency is achieved. (Thin out the frosting by adding the cream and thicken the frosting by adding more powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved.)
- Frost cooled cupcakes. Top with instant espresso powder before serving.