Here’s a Mongolian chicken recipe you need to try! The Mongolian glaze is a sweet sauce with ginger that amps up the flavor of the chicken. It’s a versatile sauce that you can use with any meat of your choice.
Mongolian-Glazed Chicken Poppers Recipe
Mongolian-Glazed Chicken Poppers Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo boneless chicken thighs cut into chunks
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour more as needed
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger peeled and finely grated or bottled ginger paste
- cooking oil for frying
- green onions for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with salt, and pepper. Then dredge the chicken pieces in flour. Set aside.
- Heat enough oil in a wok for frying. Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on a rack over or on paper towels. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, garlic, and ginger. Bring to a simmer until the flavors meld and the sauce reduces slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When ready to serve, transfer the chicken chunks to a large bowl and toss with glaze. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.