The all-time favorite munggo soup can be turned into a tasty fried rice dish! Combine munggo with brown rice and you get a protein-packed munggo dish in no time!
Munggo Rice Recipe (Mung Bean Fried Rice)
Munggo Rice Ingredients (Mung Bean Fried Rice)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil divided
- 200 Grams Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 Cup onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 1/3 Cup Munggo (Mung Beans)
- 1 Cup tomatoes seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Cup string beans (sitaw) sliced into 1-inch pieces and blanched
- 1 1/3 Cup brown rice
- 1 Cup malunggay leaves (moringa)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (patis)
- Salt to taste
- In a nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Saute shrimp until pink for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Saute onion, ginger, and garlic until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add munggo, string beans, and brown rice. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in shrimp, malunggay leaves, and fish sauce. Cook just until the leaves turn bright green.
- Season with salt and pepper.