The white puto gets a boost of color and flavor from muscovado sugar.
Muscovado Mini Puto Recipe
Muscovado Mini Puto Ingredients
- 1 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup muscovado sugar
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- coconut (buko) use mature coconut (niyog)
- Prepare steamer. Generously grease mini muffin pans with butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar into the water until dissolved. Sift rice flour and baking powder into the water mixture and blend well. Pour into prepared pans and place in the steamer.
- Steam for 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in its center emerges clean. Remove from steamer. Serve with pats of butter and niyog.