This easy appetizer recipe is loaded with flavors: brandied mushrooms with cream give these small bites exciting flavors.
Mushroom and Cream Toast Recipe
Mushroom and Cream Toast Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 20 Grams shallots peeled and sliced
- 1 can button mushrooms use 425-gram can, drained and sliced
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose cream
- 1 6-inch loaf french bread
- Butter for bread
- chopped flat-leaf parsley
- shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- green onions for garnish
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Sauté garlic and shallots in butter for 1 minute or until softened. Add button mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Add brandy and reduce until almost dry. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and add all-purpose cream.
- Slice French bread into ½-inch rounds and brush with butter. Toast on one side. Top with brandied mushrooms. Sprinkle with roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese and green onions.