Mushrooms are savory and meaty, and these burgers are a great example of flavorful, healthy food that even meat lovers will enjoy.
Mushroom Burgers Recipe
Need a vegetarian-friendly burger recipe? Look no further.
Mushroom Burgers Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 350 to 400 Grams shiitake mushrooms sliced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to season
- ground black pepper to season
- 1/3 Cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 medium potato peeled, boiled, and mashed
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Sauté until softened and most of the liquid from mushrooms has evaporated, about 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Add oats, breadcrumbs, cornstarch, and mashed potato; let cool. Mash mixture with your hands. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Using a ½-cup measuring cup, scoop out mixture and shape into 3- to 3½-inch patties.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in the same pan. Sear patties for 3 minutes per side or until browned (or brush with oil and bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes per side).
- Sandwich patties between buns with your favorite toppings and condiments, or pair with side veggies and brown rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW