Here’s a versatile cream-based sauce that goes well with almost anything—baked fish, fried chicken, and even mashed potatoes. Make sure you have a batch of this sauce ready at all times!
Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe
Use this easy mushroom cream sauce on fish, chicken, or potatoes!
Mushroom Cream Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 200 Grams mushrooms fresh (button, brown, shiitake, or baby portobello), cleaned and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons shallots (sibuyas Tagalog) finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup beef stock
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat oil and melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add shallots and lower heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring, until shallots are translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add stock and simmer until reduced to half. Turn heat to low then whisk in cream andmustard. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW