This meatless burger recipe is baon-friendly. You can pack it up with a delicious veggie garlic fried rice, too!
Mushroom Falafel Burgers with Garlic Rice Recipe
Mushroom Falafel Burgers with Garlic Rice Ingredients
- 1 200-gram can mushrooms sliced, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 Cup canned chickpeas (garbanzos) rinsed, drained
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Cup frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 4 cups Cooked rice
- Oil for frying
- Place mushrooms, garbanzos, breadcrumbs, mustard, salt, cumin, paprika, and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until mixed well, scraping down occasionally. Mixture will be sticky. Divide into 4 and form into patties, coating each with breadcrumbs to prevent sticking. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make rice: In a wok over medium heat, heat about 2 tablespoons oil. Sautégarlic until softened. Add mixed vegetables. Stir and cook until heated through. Sprinkle in garlic powder then add rice. Toss to coat and mix. Remove from heat once heated through. Set aside.
- In a frying pan over med. heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Pan fry burgers until golden brown on both sides and heated through. Remove from oil, and drain on paper towels. Serve with veggie rice. Recipe originally published in the June 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.