Go meatless with this version of salpicao that uses shiitake mushrooms instead of beef. It still delivers on flavor!
Mushroom Salpicao Recipe
Go meatless with this version of salpicao that uses shiitake mushrooms instead of beef.
Mushroom Salpicao Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Garlic finely minced
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 14 large shiitake mushrooms stems removed and caps sliced in half
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or dry white wine
- coconut sugar to taste
- Warm extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside a tablespoon or so for garnish.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and sauté over medium heat until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low and stir in soy sauce, sherry wine, and sugar. Sauté for another minute to let the wine evaporate. Season to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with fried garlic.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW