You don’t always need an oven to make brownies. This easy dessert recipe uses raw cacao powder and walnuts, cashews, and dates to make them more decadent.
No-Bake Brownies Recipe
No-Bake Brownies Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts divided
- 1 Cup whole almonds (you may also use split cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 3/4 cups pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder otr raw cocoa powder
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the edges. Set aside.
- Place ¼ cup walnuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining walnuts, almonds, and salt in the food processor; process until fine. (Don’t process too long or else the mixture will turn into nut butter.) Transfer to another bowl.
- Place dates and vanilla in the food processor; process until finely chopped and sticky. Add water by the tablespoon (about 4 to 5 tablespoons or as needed), whizzing until a ball forms.
- Add cocoa powder and process until combined. Occasionally stop whizzing to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula or spoon.
- Add walnut-almond mixture; pulse until combined. If the mixture seems thick, use a spoon to mix it through.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press down with a silicone spatula or your hands. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing with a sharp knife. Serve frozen or chilled. (Store sliced brownies in the freezer for up to 3 months, with layers of plastic wrap or wax paper in between.)