You can make moist carrot cake without an oven! These no-bake carrot cupcakes stay moist and soft, and are delicious paired with rich and creamy cream cheese frosting.
No-Bake Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
These steamed, no-bake cupcakes remain soft and moist even when chilled.
No-Bake Carrot Cupcakes Ingredients
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Oil
- 2 cups carrots finely grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 225-gram pack cream cheese softened
- 4 cups Powdered SUgar sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare a steamer. Line 4 6-cup muffin pans with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer with the beater attachment, beat eggs and sugar until light. Pour in oil and beat until mixed. Add grated carrots; blend well.
- Sift flour and baking soda over carrot mixture. Add salt. Gently beat, scraping bottom and sides with a silicone spatula, until well mixed.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter among the cupcake-lined pans. Place pans into the steamer and steam for 7 minutes. Check for doneness, rotate pans, and steam again as needed until each cupcake is cooked through. Remove from steamer; cool.
- Meanwhile, make Cream Cheese Frosting: In the bowl of a mixer with the whisk attachment, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Whisk in powdered sugar in batches with milk and vanilla extract until fluffy. Frost cupcakes as desired. Serve. Recipe originally published in the May 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW