This recipe for a no-bake fruit trifle is great for practicing creativity: make this no-bake dessert with different fruit combinations. You can go the tropical route with pineapple and mangoes, or the berry route with different kids of berries like strawberries and cherries. The options are endless for this fruit trifle!
No-Bake Fruit Trifle Recipe
No-Bake Fruit Trifle Ingredients
- 12 large eggs yolks only
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups milk
- 3 90-gram packs gulaman strawberry-flavored
- 4 packs butter cake store-bought, quartered
- 1/3 Cup rum, sherry or cognac or orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 453-gram can cherry pie filling or strawberry pie filling, or fresh tropical fruit
- whipped cream for garnish, optional
- Whisk together yolks from 12 large eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl until pale and fluffy; set aside.
- Simmer milk in a large saucepan over medium heat. Turn off heat and pour milk into egg mixture while whisking continuously. Pour egg mixture back to the pan, and cook over medium heat until thick. Pour custard into a bowl, place plastic wrap directly on the surface, and chill.
- Prepare gulaman according to package directions. Pour into a clear trifle or serving bowl; chill for 1 to 2 hours or until jelly is set. Arrange cake on top of prepared jelly. Gently brush rum or orange-flavored liqueur on top of cake layer. Pour chilled custard over the cake. Top with pie filling or fruit. Top with whipped cream, if desired.