Who doesn’t love a quick and easy no-bake cheesecake recipe? To make a gelatin layer that is more firm and easy to slice, use half of the water that you are instructed to use in the gelatin recipe box. This strawberry gelatin-topped cheesecake comes together in a matter of minutes, but it is best to make it the night before you plan to serve it so that it has enough time to set.
No-Bake Strawberry Gelatin Cheesecake Recipe
No-Bake Strawberry Gelatin Cheesecake Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup salted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese softened
- 1 Cup Powdered SUgar
- 1 teaspoon vanila extract
- 3/4 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 drops red food coloring liquid
- 1 17-gram pack strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 Cup water boiling
- 1/2 Cup water cold
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, crushed graham crackers, and white sugar together until you get a sandy mixture. Press onto the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with a rim at least 3 inches high. Let set in the refrigerator until firm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the whipping cream and mix on low speed to combine. Increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the cold water and unflavored gelatin and let set for 3 minutes to bloom. Transfer onto a small saucepan and heat over low heat until the gelatin dissolves. Alternatively, microwave for 20 seconds or until the gelatin dissolves. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the gelatin into the cream cheese mixture along with the food coloring and beat for 30 seconds until thoroughly combined. Pour over the set crust and let set in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Make the strawberry gelatin layer: Make the gelatin based on package instructions but using only half the amount of water indicated (1/2 cup water each) then let the gelatin mixture cool to room temperature before pouring over the cheesecake top. Let set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Best when sliced and served cold.