Kneading dough by hand takes a lot of time, not to mention effort—as you need time to let the gluten develop. This recipe gives you wonderful bread with less prep time!
No-Knead Cheese Bread Recipe
No-Knead Cheese Bread Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour extra for dusting
- 1 Table Spoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Cheese coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- In a large plastic bowl, mix flour, salt, yeast, and cheese. Pour in water and using a spoon, mix into a dough. Dough will be sticky. Bring dough together into a ball and tuck edges into a round. Cover with plastic wrap or a wet towel. Set aside at room temperature for 2 hours and then refrigerate overnight, or up to three days.
- Preheat oven and Dutch oven or glass pot without lids to 450°F.
- Remove rested dough from the bowl and form into a ball. Place in the preheated pot. Lightly dust the top with flour. With scissors, make a few cuts on the top of the dough, and cover with the pot lid. Bake for about 45 minutes, uncovering during the last 10 minutes to let the top brown. Remove from oven and let bread cool on a wire rack. To serve, warm bread in oven before serving with salted butter.