This classic Filipino bread just got an upgrade with the addition of cocoa and hazelnut-flavored chocolate spread that will surely be a hit.
Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Pandesal Recipe
It's the perfect snack!
Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Pandesal Ingredients
- 6 teaspoons Nutella or any chocolate hazelnut spread
- 324 Grams all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 200 ml Whole milk
- 50 Grams granulated sugar
- 6 Grams instant dry yeast
- 57 Grams unsalted butter
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 32 Grams bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Scoop 12 1/2 teaspoon-sized Nutella balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze for at least an hour.
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix then incorporate egg and milk. Gradually add butter after the dough has come together.
- Knead for 12 minutes in a stand mixer or 15 minutes by hand. (Dough is ready when smooth and elastic.)
- Shape the dough into a ball then transfer into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic, and let rise for 90 minutes or until double in size.
- After 90 minutes, deflate and turn onto a clean work surface then divide dough into 12 equal portions. Fill each with frozen Nutella, gather the edges at the center then shape into a ball. Press the seams to seal then roll in bread crumbs. Repeat the process with the rest of the portions.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined baking pan and cover with a kitchen towel. Proof for 60 minutes or until puffy.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree F or 175 degrees C oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW