This pasta recipe only needs a handful of ingredients: canned tuna, olives, and red pimiento!
Olive and Tuna Pasta Recipe
Need a fuss-free weeknight meal? This pasta dish is a cinch to make.
Olive and Tuna Pasta Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/2 Cup green olives sliced
- 1/2 Cup black olives sliced
- 1 can red pimiento dried, sliced thinly
- 1 can Tuna drained (use 184-gram can)
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, bring water to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook 7 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat olive oil, and sauté garlic until fragrant. Add olives and pimiento strips. Cook until heated through.
- Add drained pasta and half of the pasta water to the pan, and toss to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Add the remaining reserved pasta water if the mixture dries. Toss in tuna chunks, and cook until heated through. Grind more pepper over the pasta before serving. Recipe originally published in the August 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW