This cupcake recipe combines these flavors: light savory notes from the olive oil and a rich custard cream.
Olive Oil Cupcakes Recipe
These cupcakes have light savory notes and a rich custard cream!
Olive Oil Cupcakes Ingredients
- 2/3 Cup olive oil
- 2/3 Cup Whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar plus 1/3 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- fresh strawberry slices to garnish
- strawberry jam to garnish
- egg yolks from 9 large eggs
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 Cup sugar
- 1/8 Cup whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup Whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups whipping cream
- 2 1/3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 3/4 teaspoons truffle honey (use regular honey if you dont like the truffle flavor)
- lemon zest from 1/4 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a regular 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine oil, milk, eggs, and lemon juice and zest.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed. Once wet ingredients are partially absorbed by the dry ingredients, increase speed to medium. Mix until combined.
- Portion batter evenly among cupcake liners, filling until ¾ full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Make the custard: Whisk together egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a bowl until well combined; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, mixing occasionally, until mixture comes to a simmer. Pour half of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, mix using a wire whisk, then pour mixture back into the saucepan. Mix until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Dip a spoon into the mixture and run a finger across the back of the spoon; if your finger leaves a trail mark, the mixture is done. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Make the whipped cream: Pour whipping cream and sugar into the chilled bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on medium speed until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, fold in truffle honey and lemon zest then fold in the prepared custard. Chill for a few minutes if custard cream is too soft.
- Place strawberry slices on cooled cupcakes. Pipe custard cream on top then drizzle with strawberry jam.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW