Why choose between chocolate chip cookies and oreo cheesecake if you can have both? These Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are big, thick, rich and soft, but surprisingly not overly sweet. And with the chunks of oreo cookies and chocolate chips, you will definitely love every bite.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
They're not too sweet!
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies Ingredients
- 1 Cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 8-ounce bar cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 12 pieces oreo cookies broken into small pieces
- 1 Cup chocolate chips mini
- In a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugars.
- Add egg yolks and and vanilla extract and beat again until well-combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low-speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add mini chocolate chips and broken Oreos and use a spatula to stir until well-incorporated into the batter.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove cookie dough from fridge and drop cookie dough by heaping 1 ½ tablespoon-sized scoops onto prepared baking sheet, spacing cookies at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake on a preheated oven at 175 degrees C (350 degrees F) for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges. Allow cookies to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW