This mouth-watering dessert is a relatively uncommon flavor of cheesecake which is given a twist by using a popular sari-sari store item: Chocnut. Also, unlike some cheesecake recipes, this one is baked. The chocolate ganache which tops it is also a variation that adds flavor. This Oreo Chocnut Cheesecake recipe will definitely be something to try.
Oreo Chocnut Cheesecake Recipe
Oreo Chocnut Cheesecake Ingredients
- 2 cups crushed oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 375 Grams cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 Cup All-purpose cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocnut crushed
- 70 Grams dark chocolate
- 1/4 Cup fresh milk warmed
- 1/3 Cup Chocnut crushed
- Butter softened, for greasing the baking pan
- To make the cookie crust: Grease an 8-inch springform pan with butter and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter, and mix. Put the mixture in the prepared pan and press firmly. Refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- To make the cream cheese filling: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat on medium speed until sugar dissolves. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until just incorporated each time. Add cream, vanilla, and crushed Chocnut, stirring to incorporate.
- Pour the filling onto the chilled Oreo crust. Wrap the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the water from seeping into the pan. Put this pan in another baking pan filled halfway with hot water to create a water bath.
- Baked in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F or 163 degrees C for 1 hour or until set around the edges but still slightly jiggly in the center. Turn off the oven and leave the cake in the hot oven for one hour. Let the cake cool completely before refrigerating for 6 hours or overnight.
- To make the Chocolate Ganache: Put chocolate chunks in a small bowl. Pour warm milk over the chocolate to dissolve it, stirring until smooth. Spread the chocolate ganache over the cheesecake. Sprinkle crushed Chocnut on top before serving.