Paksiw is a common dish in any Filipino household especially since it takes such a short amount of time to prepare.
How do you make paksiw na isda?
Although there are numerous variations of this dish such as lechon paksiw, paksiw na tulingan (tuna), and paksiw na pata (pork leg), using bangus (milkfish) is the traditional way of preparing the dish. The milkfish is cooked in vinegar, garlic, and a few select ingredients, in order to make a delicious and very tangy broth. You just have to remember to cook the vinegar until the sharpness has cooked out before serving for best results.
- READ THESE: MORE PAKSIW RECIPES
- Lechon Paksiw Recipe
- Pork Adobo Paksiw Recipe
Paksiw na Isda Recipe (Fish in Vinegar Recipe)
Paksiw na Isda Ingredients (Fish in Vinegar Ingredients)
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1 Cup water
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 medium milkfish (bangus) cleaned and sliced into 4
- 1 knob ginger sliced and pounded
- 6 cloves Garlic skin removed
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3 pieces finger chilies (siling pangsigang)
- Heat a medium-sized pan and cooking pot then add vinegar and water.
- Add salt and whole peppercorn then stir. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange the fish in the pan and add the ginger, garlic, onion, and finger chili. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Serve hot with steamed rice.