Pork chops are easy to cook: all you have to do is pan-fry until they’re cooked through but still juicy. Pair simple pan-fried pork chops with a quick mushroom saute. This recipe uses a mix of button and shiitake mushrooms, but feel free to use any mix of mushrooms that you prefer.
Pan-Fried Pork Chops with Button Mushrooms Recipe
Pan-Fried Pork Chops with Button Mushrooms Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo pork chops
- 1 Cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons Salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 Cup onion
- 1/2 Cup button mushrooms fresh or canned
- 1/2 Cup shiitake mushrooms fresh or rehydrated
- Make the brine for the pork chops: In a bowl, combine water, salt, sugar, rosemary, garlic, and bay leaf. Mix until sugar and salt dissolve. Once the brine is at room temperature, place the pork chops inside the bowl and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat dry. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Carefully place the pork chops into the pan, and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter. Saute onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and serve with pork chops.