Instead of ordinary noodles, this ingenious pancit dish uses coconut meat. Mixed with seafood and topped with freshly made latik, it’s a dish that will definitely be the talk of the table.
Yummy.ph’s Guide to Filipino Pancit Posted in: Cooking
Pancit Buko Recipe
This is a pancit dish that will definitely be the talk of the table.
Pancit Buko Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup fresh coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 2 cups coconut meat shredded
- 1/2 Cup Shrimp shells and heads removed, then deveined
- 2 pieces squid skinned and sliced into rings (tentacles included)
- clam meat from 10 to 12 pieces steamed Manila clams
- white pepper
- 4 stems cilantro (wansoy) coarsely chopped, to garnish
- Simmer coconut cream in a saucepan over very low heat until coconut oil and latik separate. Set latik aside.
- Pour coconut oil into another pan. Add garlic and onions; sauté until fragrant. Add coconut meat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and squid; stir-fry for a few seconds. Add clams and season to taste.
- Transfer to a platter. Top with cilantro and reserved latik. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW