The pancit chami is a classic Quezon Province noodle dish from Lucena City. Fat local egg noodles are tossed with chicken and pork as well as carrots, bell peppers, and snow peas in light savory sauce. Learn how easy it is to make this easy local pancit recipe at home.
Pancit Chami Recipe
Pancit Chami Ingredients
- 250 Grams fresh pancit miki noodles soaked
- 14 kilo Chicken Breast boiled, shredded or sliced
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1/4 kilo pork kasim sliced
- 3 to 5 pieces shrimps cleaned, head removed and shelled
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 250 Grams red bell pepper julienned
- 1/4 kilo sitsaro (snow peas) stem ends removed
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Soak the miki in water to remove the saltiness of the noodles; drain just before you will add in the pot. Boil the chicken in a pot, drain and set aside. Shred the chicken meat. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and sauté the garlic and onion. Add the pork, sauté until browned. Add the shrimps and shredded chicken. Add the carrots, red bell pepper, and sitsaro. Sauté then pour in oyster sauce and soy sauce. Add the drained miki and mix well. Adjust the taste by adding salt and ground black pepper. Place the chami in a serving plate. Serve immediately.