This Filipino dish is made with thin rice noodles, which creates a glassy effect once mixed in with the sauce. To add a flavorful punch, a pork-and-shrimp sauce is added into the mixture. Delicious toppings such as hardboiled eggs, smoked fish, pork chicharon, and shrimp makes the dish a stand out at any party or gathering. Palabok is often served at parties and cooking this up for your guests is sure to make their mouths water. The recipe is also really easy to do and saves you the hassle of preparing elaborate dishes!
Pancit Palabok Recipe
Pancit Palabok Ingredients
- 1 Pack bihon noodles (thin rice noodles)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 1/2 kilo pork use ground pork
- 3 1/2 cups pork broth
- 1 tablespoon Atsuete (annatto) dissolved in 1/4 cup pork broth
- 1 piece shrimp bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup pork broth
- 1/4 kilo Shrimp (cooked), shelled
- 1/2 Cup smoked fish (Tinapa) flakes
- 1/2 Cup pork chicharon ground
- 3 pieces Egg (hardboiled), sliced
- 1-2 cups cabbage shredded and blanched
- 1 Cup Squid (Pusit) cook
- Garlic fried and minced
- spring onions
- Cook the bihon or palabok noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a saucepan and saute garlic and onion.
- Add the ground pork and cook for 5 minutes or until the pork turns brown.
- Add the pork broth (3 cups) and the dissolved annato. Let it boil
- Add shrimp bouillon cube and fish sauce then add the dissolved cornstarch.
- Cook until sauce becomes thick. Set aside.
- To assemble, arrange the noodles then top with the sauce. Arrange all the toppings on top of the noodles and sauce and garnish with spring onions. Serve with sliced calamansi.